Saturday, March 26, 2005

Easter Weekend

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's the weekend of one of my very favorite holidays, Easter. I've always particularly loved Easter, ever since my childhood. Easter is the holiday that falls during my very favorite season of the year, spring. Everything here is just bursting at the seams with spring. All of the flowering trees are in bloom, the rest are beginning to leaf out, and the buttercups and tulips are just beautiful! My allergies are also telling me that spring is here. I took an hour long walk with Bear yesterday, as soon as I got home. It was very warm and with just a breeze blowing. The Bradford Pear trees were in bloom everywhere. By the time I got home, I was so pollen covered and itchy that I had to go immediately to the shower. I'm still suffering from gunked up eyes today as a result of it.

I appreciate the fact that Easter is not as commercialized as the rest of the holidays. As a christian, I have a special appreciation for Easter as well. Easter always makes me feel like I'm part of something very special, a bigger plan of the universe. I'm not knocking anyone else's religion, because that's everyone's own personal choice, but I like reflecting inward at this time of year.

I like spring so much, that I chose to be married in April. I've always just associated April with Easter, since most years Easter falls in April. So, I'm looking forward to mine and Casey's 7th anniversary on April 9th. As luck would have it, the day we started dating as an exclusive couple just happened to fall on April 23rd. On April 23rd, we've been together for 14 years! We decided to wait and really celebrate on April 23rd this year. We are going to Knoxville and Gatlinburg for a long, relaxing weekend. Oh, and can you believe that they are having a "Bark at the Park" event on the same weekend?? Yeah, I supposed I'll be attending that too! I'm sure that it will be too much fun. It will also be a good way for me to get some last minute ideas for Celebration Pet day too.

Since it is a holiday weekend, it is totally dead at work today. I'm the only one working my section, so it is nice and quiet. I'm planning on running out today and grabbing a pack of peeps Image hosted by Photobucket.com. I read on another blog, that dogs sometimes like one as an Easter treat. Has anyone else heard of this before? I think I'll let the crew have one each for a sweet treat, but I'm still debating about it. If it does happen, I'll be sure to have the camera at the ready. I need new pictures for the photoblog that I've neglected, since February.

Casey brought home some movies for us to watch tonight, so we can just relax. Tomorrow, I'm planning on going to church, and for dinner tomorrow night my brother is hosting an Easter dinner. I'm making green beans and another banana split cake. Both Mom and he are making other parts of the dinner. I'll be at Kindred Spirits on Monday as usual. I've been trying to work Bear everyday on his obedience skills. I hope that he does as well this Monday as he did last Monday. I have managed to work him outside as well, so he can get used to distractions. He's such a good little learner, and I'm so pleased with his progress.

Here's a little Easter treat for you all. A cool doggie website called Dog Mine. It has lots of cool stuff and really hysterical pictures like this picture entitled Disguise:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So just click the link and enjoy! Everyone have a fabulous Easter holiday!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 comment:

theogeo said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! Have a great time!