Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Happy Holiday!

Blogger is being finicky again, I see. It has taken me all day to just get logged in to post. I simply had the BEST weekend. When I got home from work on Saturday, the weather was simply gorgeous. I went straight home and took Bear for a nice walk in the sunshine. Afterwards, Casey and I just piled up on the couch and watched some movies that he brought home. On Sunday, I attended Easter church services. My sweet, childhood friend Jennifer invited me to come and have Easter dinner with her family, since Casey was working. They held it at her parents' home, where I spent a many of my childhood and teenage days. It was SO MUCH FUN!!! It was just like going back home. The food was wonderful. The company was wonderful, and we all just had a blast. The rain managed to hold off, and we were able to hold the Easter egg hunt for the children. I just have to say this, and I'm not being biased here just because she's one of my best friends, but Jennifer has the most beautiful children that I've ever seen. Nice thing is they act as pretty as they look, and they are a true JOY to be around!! I admire Jennifer and her husband for being such wonderful parents. They are truly an inspiration to me, in more ways than one! To see all of the pictures hop on over to Jennifer's blog and have a look. On Sunday night, my family had a big Easter dinner. I made the now famous banana split cake and some green beans. We all had fun visiting and eating waaaay too much. Now, if I can just stick to a diet!!

Monday was kennel day. We were working kind of light with less dogs than we had in previous weeks. That left me with a lot of time to train the dogs and help Jennie in the office. She is putting together a new training program to teach at our local Tractor Supply Company. I'm really excited about it, especially since she has asked me to come and help her teach it!! It's going to be a great opportunity for me to learn a lot about training techniques. Bear did fabulously with his obedience lesson yesterday. We were so busy working on the TSC training program, he just got a short one. We worked on his sit stay yesterday. I eventually got to where I could leave him and completely go into another room. That's week 3 of progress!! He certainly is an excellent little student. He got a greenie, when we got home. After work, we held the humane society meeting there at Kindred Spirits, since we had been doing in kennel training on one of our shelter dogs. We've had her there for about 6 weeks, and she's really coming along. She knows how to sit, sit/stay, a place command, how to fetch, and many others. Last night was her little graduation of sorts, so the shelter workers could all see how far she's come. Needless to say, everyone was SO impressed. It was just a moment that I was so proud to have been a participant. Then we did updates for our upcoming Celebration Pet Day. Everything seems to be coming together nicely. Everyone is now going out and trying to persuade other vendors to participate. Afterwards, Casey and I hung around and visited with Jennie and her husband for a bit. We headed home, and I fell into bed quite exhausted.

Today has been pretty typcial. It's beautiful, and everyone here has a definite case of spring fever. It's time for me to head home, so I'm off now. I hope that everyone's having a great evening!!

No comments: