Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Whoosh!!!!!

We had a great time in Jackson with Casey's family. We finally did his family Christmas. We received some great gifts!! I got lots of woolen things, so I should stay pretty warm this week. The temps dropped back to frigid this past weekend and have stayed there. I don't mind too much though. The older I get, the better I like the changing seasons. When it's winter, I really want winter weather. If I can't have snow, I like for it to be cold. I probably enjoy it, because it never stays very cold long, here in Tennessee. While we were in Jackson, we met Casey's cousin Andrew's new girlfriend, Lupe. She was really nice and got along well with everyone, and I really liked her. They just got an apartment in Ft. Campbell. Andrew is scheduled to deploy to Iraq sometime in the early spring. I think they may be planning to get married before he leaves. It should be an interesting few months, to say the least. Bear stayed with Jennie at Kindred Spirits as he usually does when we are away. She always says he's no problem, which is very lucky. The only thing he liked to do was stay out. He's got that little fur coat on and doesn't realize that he freezes his humans in weather like this. Luckily, Jennie has HUGE fenced areas, so she didn't have to be out with him the whole time.

Classes start back today, so it should get pretty crazy in here during the next few minutes. I'll run for now, but I'll leave you with this funny that a fellow shelter volunteer sent me over the weekend. Enjoy!

HELP WANTED

A "HELP WANTED" sign was placed in the front window: "Must be a good typist and be good with a computer. Successful applicant must be bilingual. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer." A short time later a lovely golden retriever dog trotted up to the window, saw the sign and went inside. He looked at the receptionist and wagged his tail, then walked over to the sign, looked at it, whined and pawed the air. The receptionist called the office manager. He was surprised, to say the least to see a canine applicant. However, the dog looked determined, so he led him into the office. Inside the dog jumped up on a chair and stared at the manager expectantly. The manager said, "I can't hire you. The sign says you must be able to type. The dog jumped down, went to the typewriter and proceeded to quickly type a perfect business letter. He took out the page and trotted over to the manager, gave it to him, then jumped back up on the chair. The manager was stunned, but told the dog, "That was fantastic, but I'm sorry. The sign clearly says that whoever I hire has to be good with a computer. The dog jumped down again, went to the computer and proceeded to demonstrate his expertise with various programs, produced a sample spreadsheet and database, then presented them to the manager. The manager was dumbfounded!! He said to the dog, "Hey I realize that you are a very intelligent applicant and have fantastic talent, but you're a dog - no way can I hire you. The dog jumped down and went to the sign in the window and pointed his paw at the words, "Equal Opportunity Employer." The exasperated manager said, "Yes I know what the sign says. But the sign also says you must be bilingual." The dog looked him straight in the eye and said: "Meow".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*giggle*

We are having some wonderfully cold weather here. I could send some of the 9*F and less with love from Connecticut! ~ Yvonne

http://forty-plus.diaryland.com