Friday, January 07, 2005

Wandering Mind....

Yesterday turned out to be an extra special, fabulous day!! The only 2 things that would have made it better would have been to actually win the lottery and it been my birthday. It started out with that fabulous gift that I got from Kim. It was such a thoughtful and great gift. I hope she realizes just how much it meant to me. I then went to Curves after I got off from work last night. I was a bit nervous, because it was my first weigh-in and measurement day. I figured that I'd be doing well if I, at least, hadn't gained any weight during Christmas. Imagine my surprise when I found out that I had done really well. I won't bore you all with details, I actually lost 2.5 lbs (but not bad, since I ate like a PIG during Christmas), but the best part was I lost several inches all over!! It just made my day to know that this time and money has been invested in something that acutally works. I can only imagine what the results would have been, if I'd been watching what I ate. Hopefully, beginning the 17th, I'll be able to get back to good eating habits. It's no use trying until then, because of all the birthday festivities. Too many meals to go and eat in celebration, but believe me, I'll DEFINITELY be keeping up my Curves workouts. If any of you female readers, are trying to wage the battle of the bulge in 2005 and are looking for a great fitness plan, I highly recommend it. I think you'll be surprised by your results.

I have a busy, busy weekend planned. Since my birthday is on Sunday, I'll be getting to celebrate all weekend. Today is Casey's last day at his present job, so he'll be off the next 10 days. He'll get to spend my entire birthday weekend with me too! Tonight, my friend Cathi, and I are going to a fancy little restaurant to celebrate a late Christmas. We had meant to do it before Christmas but illness and other things got in the way. We are going to a place called B. McNeel's here in Murfreesboro. It's said to have excellent food with a really good atmosphere. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm trying to be careful about not eating too much during the day today. I want to be good and hungry when I get there, so I can really enjoy it.

Casey has already let me order one of my birthday gifts. It's a signed and dated ceramic Schipperke. It looks just like Bear. There are 4 poses that go togehter in the series. I've ordered the sitting pose to begin. The artist, Sandi Rolfe, is working on the others. Click here to see it. As soon as she's finished, I plan on getting the others. Tomrrow and tomorrow night are really going to be the biggest portion of my birthday celebrating. Casey and I are going to do some shopping at Cool Springs Mall in Franklin. Casey and I are on a mission to find a nice club chair for the empty corner in our living room. He's planning on that being "his" chair, which he definitely deserves. Then, we are meeting my friends, Melissa and Marci and Marci's husband Chad for dinner at my very favorite restaurant, Carrabba's Italian Grill . My Mom is also planning to come and celebrate with us tomorrow too! I just can't wait. I'm planning on ordering my very first Martini there tomorrow. I don't know why I've never gotten around to ordering one, so I figured this would be a good time. What do you all suggest? Shaken, stirred, speciality? Leave a comment with your suggestions. I need people in the know. I have no idea what the plans are for Sunday. I kind of figured we'd take it easy. I think I might like to take Bear to PetSmart. That always promises a fun trip. Who knows what I'll actually end up doing. I'll go for now. I hope that you all have a fabulous weekend!! I'll be back on Monday with hopefully the camera in hand to update the photoblog for a change.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I work all weekend and probably won't be on Sunday, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!! Petsmart, any pet store that allows pets, is always a fun choice! Frodo just ARRRRROOOOOOOOOOO's at every 4 legged thing he sees:)
ann
http://www.mymuddymess.com/blosxom.pl

Kitty Litter said...

Hi Cheryl! It's me, Charlene, and it's funny how you posted this on weight loss just when I am a little discouraged by my own progress. (Had to stop exercise some time ago because I started bleeding outside my period; it scared me totally). I'll go check out Curves, and I hope to be able to make a report like yours! Congratulations; I've always admired people who can just get up and actually DO something about weight loss and getting healthy (unlike me!) ^_^ Good luck, and do keep us posted!