Monday, January 10, 2005

On a Natural High

I'm back from a, might I say, FABULOUS birthday weekend. I can't remember when I've had a better birthday! My dinner out with Cathi at B. McNeel's was wonderful. I do have to say that it was a little pricey. Casey and I never usually spend that much money for the both of us to eat. Still, it was a celebratory thing and not the norm. They had this really good chicken, tomato and avacado soup. It was the most delicious soup. For my entree, I had the southwestern raviolli. It was in a spinach pasta filled with black beans, 2 kinds of corn with some more spinach. It was all covered in a cheese con queso sauce. Quite yummy. For desert we split the molten chocolate cake, which just oozed chocolate. YUM!! I was quite done for afterwards. Saturday was a wonderful day in it's own right. Casey and I headed out to Franklin by mid afternoon. We did a little shopping at Old Navy and a little sheet music shop. Afterwards, we joined Melissa at Carrabba's Italian Grill I did have an apple martini or "appletini", while I was there. It was SO delicious. In fact, I had 2!! I'm not used to having a drink very often, so Melissa and Casey thought my walk to the restroom afterwards was quite hysterical!! Anyway, I ordered the Pollo Rosa Maria. It is grilled chicken breast stuffed with fontina cheese and proscuitto in a basil lemon sauce. It was served with their fetuccini alfredo. It was heavenly!! After the wonderful dinner, we all went over to the mall to walk a bit of our dinner off. Melissa was so sweet to get me a cinnamon Yankee Candle, which is my favorite!! Yesterday, Casey and I went to Nashville to pick up some dog food that had been donated to the shelter. After loading about 60 pounds of dog food in the car, we were on our way. We stopped at a restaurant supply place to have a look at some stainless cookware that Casey wanted. Then, we stopped by Aquatic Critter for supplies. Then Casey took me to a great local hangout for supper called Toot's. After we got back home, we went over to my brother's house. He had a bottle of champagne that he opened to celebrate my birthday. Then, it was finally off to bed to recover from all of these festivities. All in all I had a wonderful weekend!!

There's not much going on today. Casey's driving in to get a new tire for my car. One of the front ones has finally given up the ghost. So, we've been trying to tire shop over the phone all day. Tonight I plan to do my usual Curves visit. Then, I hope to sit back and relax a little at home.

1 comment:

theogeo said...

Happy belated birthday! I'm glad you had fun!