Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Bear's Been In the Corner

This past Sunday, Bear began dealing with some jealousy issues. I noticed that this time, as well as times in the past, this kind of behavior has been exhibited right after coming home from Jennie's and boarding. Anyway, Bear and Slate couldn't seem to get it worked out who was going to be the alpha dog of the day. Casey and I were in the living room having a snack, when the trouble started. Bear jumped up and suddenly proceeded to roll Slate (the little chihuahua) all over the living room floor. He wasn't biting him, just kind of bullying-ly rolling him along. Of course, Slate who has NEVER been jumped on, became frightened and began to yelp. Slate can be a bit of a drama player and can sometimes growl and carry on just when someone invades his space. Casey and I got them separated, and while I dealt with Slate, Casey sufficiently scolded Bear. At first, Bear got sent to the bedroom. After about 15-20 minutes had passed, he was allowed in the front part of the house, but he wasn't allowed to come out of the kitchen. Then, Casey got up and went into the bathroom. Bear sneakingly creeped back toward the living room with me. All of the sudden, Casey made a clanking noise in the bathroom, and Bear flew back to the kitchen and planted himself in the exact spot that Casey had put him in. It was so funny, I couldn't help but laugh. When Casey returned to the living room, Bear got up, turned around, and put his back to Casey. Every once in a while, he'd turn and glance over his shoulder at Casey all pitiful like. It was hysterical!! Bear decided to pout at Casey up until yesterday. He wouldn't have a single thing to do with him. I have to give it to him, that dog has a VERY long memory. Things have settled down now, and we are hopefully back to normal at the zoo. I guess all of the animals need to press their luck, every once in a while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Minnie (Border Collie) is very good at expressing her displeasure with me. Especially at and after bath time. She is very jealous of everyone (canine and human) who pays attention to me. We work on it all the time, but sometimes it is just too funny when Hubby or the boys are talking to me and she is singing, trying to get my attention. ~ Yvonne (http://forty-plus.diaryland.com)