Thursday, January 13, 2005

Another One?

Yesterday went off with only a couple of hitches. After I got home, I did my usual trek to Curves. I met a new neighbor that lives about a block from me, while I was there. It turns out that she breeds dogs and volunteered to help us at the shelter. It's always interesting where and how you can make contacts to help you further your cause. I try to never miss an opportunity. Afterwards, I decided to walk Bear, since the weather was still so warm. I want colder weather, but Bear is enjoying the January thaw. Right now, it is so warm here that you can frolick about outside in just a light pair of pants and a short-sleeved t-shirt. My brother had invited Casey and me and my mother over for dinner last night. We had steak, salad, and baked potatoes. It was a very yummy meal indeed. He had picked up a stray kitten that had been thrown out in a county field to die. It's a little male and looks to be about 6-8 weeks old. It is grey and black tiger striped just like my 3. Anyway, he's trying to figure out what to do with it, since the doctor has ordered that he have no litterboxes in his house, due to his allergies. He thought that maybe he could keep it outside, but I think it's too dangerous for one that little without its Mama, so Casey and I are considering fostering it with our cat "herd" and placing it on Petfinder for adoption. I have no idea how the youngest 3 will accept a new member in the family. My 2 older cats are used to animals coming and going, so it will be an interesting few days. Now is a good time, because Casey has a few days off from work to be at home. The results, I'm afraid, could be quite chaotic.

Casey and I are headed off to Jackson tomorrow morning. We are going down to visit his aunt, uncle, and cousin. His cousin is in the Army and is stationed at Ft. Campbell, KY not too far from us. He is able to come home some weekends. He is scheduled to be deployed to Iraq in the near future, so we wanted to make sure that we got to spend some time with him, before he ships out. He is supposed to bring his new girlfriend, who he is moving in with, to meet us for the first time. All of this family togetherness may prove to be very interesting.

I gotta run, got a lot of stuff to get finished before I leave for the day. I'll try to post more later. TAH!

No comments: