Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Strange Things Afoot!

I had really meant to post earlier today, but I've been tied up with other things. I finally managed to wake up yesterday about time to go to bed last night. I ended up resting well, and I feel much better today. So, yesterday passed in the regular fashion until about 8:30 last night. See, that's about when Casey got home from work. His usual routine is to come in and feed and water all of the lizards that we have. He'd been at it for about 30 minutes, when he comes back into the living room with the strangest look on his face. It was a look of total disbelief. He stared at me all concerned like and said, "Rose (our bearded dragon) laid eggs!". So, I took off for the back bedroom to have a look in her cage. Sure enough, there were 11 little eggs resting neatly on the cage floor. Not bad for a first timer. It was her cage that we had moved into the back just before Christmas. Now, we have our big, male bearded Mupit in the back bedroom as well. I never really gave it a second thought. Anyway, I knew in the back of my mind that all it takes for a female to lay eggs is just to have seen a male sometime in her lifetime. Of course, the eggs were only slugs, but it seems that Ms. Rose is ready to procreate. We were relieved that she was able to lay without any problems her first time. It means that we should be able to breed her successfully later. So as you all can see, we had an exciting night. She's really skinny now, so we need to stuff her full of food and extra calcium to fatten her back up. Casey and I felt a bit like grandparents in an odd sort of way.....

Today has been pretty normal. Just the usual here at work. Casey was headed into Nashville this morning to have his physical for his new job. Who knows what he'll get into today. I will do my very best to get the photoblog updated tomorrow. I did managed to take a bunch of new pictures last night, only to completely forget the camera this morning. I'll write a note across my forhead or something for tomorrow! TAH!

No comments: