Friday, January 28, 2005

Send the Men in the White Coats....

Because I think I certainly need therapy today. For some strange reason, I woke up in the middle of the night worried about my weight. I was terrified that all of this Curves stuff is for nothing. All I can surmize is that it is because Casey and I have had 2 terribly stressful weeks for reasons which I won't go into here. I've felt wound tighter than a bow string for this past week especially. I think if someone were to startle me, I'd look like one of those cartoon cats hanging from the ceiling. So there I was, laying in bed, saying a little mantra to myself, "calm down, relax, don't be so stressed". I slept so fitfully for the rest of the night, and I woke up this morning feeling like a train loaded with sleeping powder rolled over me. I really hate being at work and feeling this sleepy. I'm sitting here now sipping "nectar of the gods", or otherwise known as Coca Cola. It's helping very little though. I think I probably need in I.V. of caffeine straight into the vein. I have a feeling that my productivity will probably suffer today.

The weather has been really bizarre here again this week. Day before yesterday, it was nearly 60 degrees, when I left for home. By the time I got to the other side of town ( a mere 20 minutes), it had dropped into the 40's and just kept dropping. We are under a winter storm watch today. We are supposed to have sleet and freezing rain throughout tonight and into tomorrow morning. Looks like I may or may not get to work tomorrow, depending on the road condition. I don't mind the snow so much, but ice is another story completely. They did say that we might end up with some snow flurries on Sunday morning. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for that.

Hopefully, I'll wake up soon. Everyone have a great day!

No comments: