Tuesday, January 11, 2005

One of Those Days

After having such a wonderful weekend, I seem to have gotten up on "the wrong side of the bed" this morning. I feel absolutely and totally cranky. There was nothing unusual about last night. We got our bad tire replaced and went on our merry usual way. I went to Curves. We got home and Casey made hamburgers. While he worked on dinner, I took Bear out for a walk. It has been unusually warm this week, so I figured that Bear and I would take advantage of it, while it lasts. After dinner, Casey made a huge batch of chocolate chip cookies. I ate a couple and that was that. Maybe I'm just getting too much refined sugar or something. Anyway I'm having that sort of day that if anyone looks at me funny, I'd like to just break them in half. Sorry that I'm ranting to you guys, but I just had to vent somehow. One thing that I know is bothering me is the state of my mother's prescription plan. See, to survive, my mother's medicine costs more than she earns every month. She is retired and on social security (as I've posted in previous posts, I'm the child of older parents). Anyway, seems the state of Tennessee is cutting her care package, so now she'll have to choose between rent, electricity, food, or the medicines she needs to survive. She has a chronic respiratory disease that makes it impossible for her to breathe without her medications. So, we are all scrambling to figure out what would be the best solution. She has an appointment scheduled with her regular doctor, so maybe he will be able to help us figure some things out week after next. So, I've got a few big things on my mind today.

For a little fun. Visit this site to see the winners of "I Look Like My Dog" contest. I ran across this link, while I was visiting Modern Pooch.

No comments: