Thursday, January 18, 2007

A New Project

I read an article in my local newspaper yesterday. It's about animal emergency workers. Tennessee is working on getting volunteers to go out and rescue animals, when a disaster strikes. I believe that Tennessee has certified 1000 workers, so far. The article indicated that no one, as of yet, has certified for my home county. I've been thinking about this, A LOT, since yesterday. I would certainly like to answer the challenge. I remember when Katrina hit, and I wanted to do more. Well, this is my chance. The more I think about it, the more I WANT to do it. There's several courses that are required before certification. Luckily, these courses are offered for free online. So, there's really nothing to stop me from getting started! To view the article and all of the course details, click HERE.

If anyone in the middle Tennessee area would like to join me, leave a comment or drop an e-mail and let me know.

1 comment:

Linda / Chri said...

I'll think about it.