Friday, January 05, 2007

Comedy of Errors

Today has shaped up to just be "one of those days". After feeling so much better yesterday, I overdid it. I don't feel terrible, but I've had better days. When I got to work this morning, I found out that the campus cooling system was messed up. At 7:00 a.m. this morning the temp read at 86 degrees in my office!! There was no cool spot at work today. The heat finished me up. I already felt crummy, because of my back. The heat made me nervous, irritable, and grumpy. I just tried to sit very still to stay as cool as possible. Then, all of the servers went down at work. I assume that they got overheated. We were left with nothing to do. By lunchtime, I called it quits for the weekend. I locked up my office and informed everyone that I was headed for home.

I'm feeling better now. The doctor gave me some new medicine for my back today. He said that I shouldn't be running around doing things I can't remember with this one. I sure hope he's right. I'm off now to prop my feet up, lean back on pillow, and relax in a comfortably cooled room. Hope you guys have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Christine said...

relaxing weekends are the way to go! hope you can get lots of healing-time this weekend.