Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Back to Normal

I'm happy to say that I'm finally a LOT better. I'm back at work, and things are getting back to normal. I left the house on Saturday for the first time. It was SO wonderful to get out and see people. I felt like I'd been in a hole for a week. That must be what the groundhog feels like on Groundhog Day! Anyway, Casey and I went to visit some very good friends on Saturday. It was really good to see everyone. On Sunday, we had lunch with some friends and did some visiting.

I have a new cat story to tell you guys. All of this occurred last week, but I didn't have the back strength to tell the story. Casey and I are fostering a new cat. Yes, I really did say it this time. We are FOSTERING ONLY!! We are doing this as a favor to my brother. His last cat, his beloved Miss Kitty, was stolen. We searched and searched never to find her. Some of the neighborhood kids said that they had seen someone pick her up. He heard about this little kitty in need of a new home and offered to take her. Her name is Ferbie, and she is a beautiful white and tortoise shell. She is four years old. Her previous owners had to find her a new home, because their newborn was extremely allergic to her. Ferbie is used to being and indoor/outdoor kitty. A lot of you that have cats know that cats, especially cats with a little age, do not move well generally. It's always better to keep them in the new place for a couple of weeks, until they acclimate. My mother, because of her COPD is not allowed to have cats inside her house. Casey and I are acclimating her for my brother, since we all live next door to each other. The problem has been that she is one of the most timid cats I've ever seen (and people, that's A LOT of cats). She's been in the house an entire week, and we're just now starting to see her. She's finally letting us pet her and starting to wander around. She finally started talking to us, just last night. When I left for work this morning, she was perched right in the middle of Casey's pillow talking to me hehehe!. The other animals have been really very accepting of her, right down to the onery kittens. The veteran pets just look at us like, "well, what have we got this time..." It's really good that she's finally getting comfortable. I think that it may take a little longer for her to be comfortable outside. We'll see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on fostering and not keeping it -- it's a milestone for many of us :)

The Mistress of the Dark said...

If you ever see a blue cream british shorthair...send it to me.

I miss my Misty :(