Friday, January 19, 2007

Friday Wrap Up

As the week comes to a long fought for end, I have LOTS of things on the brain. Remember earlier in the week, when I posted about the new foster cat? Well, an interesting little detail has come up about her. The former owner, who gave her to my brother, said that she'd been spayed and was up to date with all of her shots. When the cat came next door, she had somehow forgotten her vet papers. I should have figured out the REAL story right then. As it turns out, new foster kitty is now in full blown heat. That's right. Why should I be suprised? Luckily, she has been indoors the whole time, and Obi-Wan, the only male cat that's around and has not been fixed, is too young to care. So, we've dodged a bullet temporarily. The only bad part is the wailing and pacing for now. Let's just say that she REALLY LOVES Bear right now. So, at least I now know the real reason for the former owner getting rid of the cat. It just makes me SO mad, when folks just outright lie about an animal on spay/neuter matters. All those people end up doing is making it a bigger problem. The result is more unwanted pets and heavier burdens on shelters and neighbors!! SHEESH!!

I took a little time yesterday investigating the animal emergency worker courses. I checked out the online links and found out that I can start immediately. I plan to download the course overviews this weekend and start familiarizing myself with the content. Hopefully, it will help things go smoothly. I'm looking forward to doing my part. I'd like to be available and trained, if the need ever arises. I feel like it's the least I can do. That way, I may be able to take some of the burden off of the local rescuers.

Casey and I have no big plans for the weekend. We just have Sunday night reserved to watch the new episode of Battlestar Gallactica. I have to say, when it first started I wasn't interested at all. Casey's been watching from the start, and I somehow have gotten sucked into the fray!! Other than that, I just have boring plans. You know like cleaning out the refridgerator and cleaning house. WHOOPEEE!!! We'll see. Everyone have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh goodness...kitties in heat...ugh!! I feel for you...I can't think of much that gets on my nerves worse...lol!!
Thanks for your wonderful comment on my blog...you are SO sweet!!! It's easy to love unconditionally when you have great friends :)

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I remember when Itchy used to go in heat. She loved anyone...and stuck her butt in everyone's face.