Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Buh Bye!!

I can finally let out some of the details of the secret that I've been keeping for the last few weeks. Casey and I have some VERY creative friends in the 501st Legion. A couple of them got together last year and created a very cool prop replica kind of.... They took the idea of Han Solo frozen in carbonite and did it with a twist. They made a replica of one of the most hated Star Wars characters in history, Jar Jar Binks, frozen in carbonite. It is really detailed and life size. They took it to Celebration III last year and George Lucas saw it. He liked it so much that he asked them to make one for him. Since they just couldn't turn George Lucas down, they completed one for him and one for Steve Sansweet, the head of fan relations.

Last week, the guys who made the Jar Jar and engineered the whole thing struck out on a cross country drive to deliver them. Before the left, they hosted a Jar Jar goodbye party. Everyone there could have their picture made and sign a message on the back to George Lucas. Way cool! Casey and I were there. We got to have our picture made and leave our message for Mr. Lucas. I really appreciate my friends inviting us and letting us be a part of their special journey. After a week long cross country drive, they finally arrived at their destination last weekend. It was there that they met Steve Sansweet and got to present Jar Jar to George Lucas himself. I think that is wonderful that their hard work and talent paid off. What a fantastic opportunity they had. I'm just lucky to know such a great group of folks.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Casey and me saying goodbye to Jar Jar.

3 comments:

Kat Coble said...

coolest.thing.evar.

theogeo said...

Oh man, Cheryl, you know how I feel about Star Wars, but that is pretty freaking cool. :)

Jamie said...

That's awesome. Really.