Saturday, April 15, 2006

Happy Easter!!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Bear wishes everyone a very Happy Easter!!

I'm just sitting here chilling out on Easter Eve. It's pretty quiet around here today. Everyone's out enjoying the fantastic weather around here. We broke a record in our area for the high temp yesterday. We soared all the way to 88 degrees, but that's just the way of life here in the south. The old saying goes, "if you don't like the weather here, just stick around. It will change in 5 mintues." I can't say that I mind this warm, sunny weather at all. It made for a really pleasant walk with Bear last night. It was so nice to meet all of the neighbors out. As I was walking, I ran into one of my friends, Elaine, and her dog Sunshine. We ended up walking together and had a really nice visit. A little while later, I met my brother and his dog Beuford out. My mother even got out and walked her little dog, Moon. So, the neighborhood really did go to the dogs yesterday.

My hometown is holding an "Eggstravaganza" today. This morning they are having a special Easter Parade for all the pets and their owners. My humane association has been invited to bring out several of our shelter dogs. I'm so excited about this, even though I can't be there. My friend Elaine will be there along with my brother. They've promised to send plenty of pictures my way today. Maybe this will give some of our sweet shelter dogs some much needed exposure. It would be great if they could find good homes of their own.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter holiday and weekend!!

1 comment:

kipperfrog said...

Happy Easter to you too! =)