Thursday, April 27, 2006

Wine Tasting 2006

For the next three days, all of my brainpower will be centered on the Humane Association's annual wine tasting and silent auction. We usually hold this in the fall, but this year due to other obligations it's in the spring. I think that spring will add a nice new twist. We have a super silent auction and many of Bedford county's finest restaurants and caterers are represented. This is our biggest fundraiser. This is how we make our shelter building payment and pay our vet bills for the year. So, it's VERY important that we pull this event off right. Our chairperson, Vicy Rivait, has done a super job getting sponsors and donations for the auction.

My part in all of this? I need to get people to attend and help tie up all of the loose ends, where the food is concerned. I have to stop by the shelter tonight and get the checks to go by Sam's and pick up extra supplies. I'll spend my afternoon tomorrow making sure we have everything on our list. Then I'll drop all the stuff by the site and help set up. On Saturday, Casey will be one of the pourers, and we'll be hanging around to clean up after everything is said and done.

So if you all looking for something wonderful to do on Saturday night, please come out and join us. Here's what you need to know:

A TASTE OF SPRING
Annual Wine Tasting and Spring Social
Saturday, April 29, 2006
7:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.
Celebration Grounds: Shelbyville, TN
Food provided by the finest restaurants and caterers in Shelbyville
$20 per person tickets available at door.
Must be 21 or older
Benefits the All-Volunteer operated & Non-Profit Shelbyville-Bedford County Humane Association

If anyone is interested, just send a comment or shoot me an e-mail and I'll get you directions.

No comments: