Saturday, February 12, 2005

Weekend of LOVE

Well folks, it's the big Valentine's Day weekend! I'm sure that the restaurants, choclatiers, and flower shops are gearing up this morning for the big rush. Since we don't have a lot of extra cash to spend, Casey and I have decided to do our Valentine's meal at home this year. Casey is going to do big, juicy, t-bone steaks on the grill with loaded baked potatoes and some sinful chocolate dessert gleaned from Mr. Alton Brown. We decided that we are going to have mostly a lounge day tomorrow. I think we are going to have a movie watching day or go out to the movies. I hope that I can manage to keep myself still. I'm kind of in the mood to clean carpets tomorrow. How romantic is that? I'm planning on getting all of my e-Valentines sent out today to all of my dear friends. If you are looking for cute, animal related e-cards, try the American Humane Association website. They have lots of cute cards that you can send at no charge.

Casey and I decided on celebrating tomorrow, since I'll be at Kindred Spirits working most of the day on Monday. I'm really looking forward to getting back there this week. I had so much fun with the dogs last week. It will be interesting to see what dogs are there this time. I'm getting to work with LOTS of different breeds, training, and bathing. I'm just sure that it's going to be a great overall experience for me. It's still looking like I'm going to get to go down for the Atlanta Pet Fair. I've decided to sign up for the Prep Tech/Bather package and also for the pet CPR package. I think it's going to give me a lot of knowledge that I can come home with, along with having a lot of fun. I'm going to a social on that Saturday night to meet a lot of the groomer and bathers that I've gotten to know online. Casey is also quite happy about going down that weekend. It seems that same Friday night that we are going down, Alton Brown is holding private cooking classes to benefit Tsunami relief. That will be something that he can occupy his time with, while I'm at the conference. What a fun weekend!! Sure hope that in a couple of weeks, we'll still be able to swing it.

I hope that everyone has a fabulous Valentine's weekend!! Let's remember all of our furry friends, but while doing so remember...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That animal fair sounds like it would be AWESOME! WOuldn't mind meeting Mr Brown either!
ann
http://www.mymuddymess.com/blosxom.pl