Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Sunny Days and Kennel Craziness

I had a terrific weekend. I managed to get some time to myself to rest up on Sunday. Casey and I went to the matinee on Sunday to see Will Smith's new movie, Hitch. It was really good and funny too. An outing that we both quite enjoyed. It made for a great Valentine's Day movie as well.

Yesterday was a great day at Kindred Spirits! I got to work with lots of different dogs. I bathed a Blood Hound and Yorkie/Dachshund mix. Then, I got to work/train several different dogs. I worked a Border Collie that has been trained to agility, 2 Red Heeler mixes (one of these is one of our shelter dogs), a silver Labrador Retriever (looks just like a Weimeraner), and a Great Dane. It is just an amazing feeling to have good training techniques, and the dogs to actually do what you ask them to do. I also got to play with a too cute for words Italian Greyhound that just has the sweetest disposition! The sun came out, and I couldn't have been happier. I've finally found a job that doesn't seem like a job. It just seems like a play day for me every week. Jennie has been wonderful to work for, and she is very encouraging and a good teacher. I appreciate her willingness to teach me her trade and enhance my opportunities for grooming. She is so good to ask me if I need anything for bathing the dogs, right down to clothing. We both have such a good time working together, and it is so nice to work with someone that has a love for animals, as I do. She has even agreed to give me some funds to attend the Atlanta Pet Fair. So, it looks like it's a go for attendance. I'm just so excited to be working there. I look forward to it all week long. It's so theraputic, and I'm at peace, when I'm there. I'm just greatful for the opportunity. I guess you all can tell that I'm just giddy about it all.

Last night for Valentine's Day, Casey grilled us a t-bone steak dinner. We also had baked potatoes with butter and sour cream and grilled broccoli with a lemon butter sauce. It was so yummy and it was sweet of Casey to provide me with a Valentine's dinner. I managed to walk Bear, while he was busy chefing at the grill. Afterwards, I was so full and contented that I fell asleep on the couch. I guess you could call 7:00 p.m. an way early night huh?

Not much going on today. Seems this will be our last warm day today. A cold front comes in tonight, and it's back to winter for us. I do have to report that after yesterday, I have a bit of spring fever. Oh well, gotta run with the weather punches. Hope everyone is having a great day!

2 comments:

Pennie said...

Ohhhh...I'm so happy/jealous for you. =) I love working in the animal hospital, but to have the job you have is a dream of mine. So much so I've even thought of opening my own doggie day care.

Isn't great to have a job that's not a job? That's what life is all about. =)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome job! Wish I could do that. All of the shelters have cats here and they put me in the hospital:( There are just so many dogs out there that just need someone to play with them:(

Ann
http://www.mymuddymess.com/blosxom.pl