Friday, February 04, 2005

Settling Down Hopefully

I think that I'm starting to finally settle down. I just want to say a great big "Thank You" to all of you that have sent encouraging words and support. May I just say that you all are WONDERFUL, and you just can't believe how much it helped. On a sad note, we had to put Lola to sleep yesterday afternoon. After we got back from the vet on Tuesday she seemed to perk up a bit, but by Wednesday afternoon she began a downhill slide. She stopped eating, walking, responding, and going out all together. We felt that it was just better to end her suffering. I'm sad about it, but I'm trying to remember that she had a long full life, and we gave her a great home. I've noticed that the other 3 dogs definitely have missed her presence, and Bear, who's such a deep little dog, has hunted the house over for her. Casey and I have even discussed maybe adopting another dog, but we'll see when the time comes. We're not trying to replace her, but we feel that we'd like to help another in her memory.

Casey made a connection and has found a filler job to help pay bills, while he searches for a new job. I start my job at Kindred Spirits on Monday, so I'm starting to feel a little less shaky financially. Now, if we can just get the paychecks to start.

Here's a fun little link if you like to watch dogs interact. It's an internet doggie daycare cam. I ran across this, while I was reading my daily update on Modern Pooch. To go and have a look, just click the link.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soo sorry about Lola:( Lots of hugs, happy thougths, and puppy kisses to you, Casey, AND Bear!

Ann
http://www.mymuddymess.com/blosxom.pl

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about Lola's passing. Poor Lovey. I am glad you gave her years of love and comfort.
~ Yvonne (http://forty-plus.diaryland.com)