Saturday, February 05, 2005

In the Land of the Living

Despite all of the odds, yesterday ended up being a pretty good day. I felt more like myself than I have in the past couple of weeks. I managed to get to Curves for my last workout of the week. I've tried to intensify the workout every couple of weeks or so, to keep the results coming. I was completely wiped afterwards. Casey made a wonderful dinner, which included things like breadcrumb cheese and herb stuffed chicken breasts with orzo pasta. It was so YUMMY!!

We've got a pretty busy weekend ahead for us. I think we are going to head to Nashville tonight to pick up some crickets at Aquatic Critter. Tomorrow morning we are visiting some of our friends' church. Afterwards, we are meeting with a couple to have a fabulous lunch at this quaint little place called Miller's Grocery. It's an old general store that has been refurbished and turned into a restaurant.

After stuffing ourselves, we are planning to go home and kick back. I think we might watch a little bit of the Super Bowl. On Monday, I am supposed to be at Kindred Spirits by 9 a.m. I get to learn the ropes. I really excited, but also a little nervous. I hope that all of the dogs like me. I'm sure that I'll be pretty tired by the time my day finishes there and then I stop by Curves for my Monday workout. I'm also sure that I'll have a lot of details to blog about come Monday. Again, thanks to all of you that have sent messages about Lola. Casey and I both really appreciate them! I hope that all of you have a wonderful weekend!!

A quick note about a new animal related blog that I've discovered. It's called Lab Tails. It has wonderful posts and fabulous pictures! Everyone go and have a visit. I'm going to leave you all with an amazing post that I read about on Modern Pooch this morning. The story is incredible!!

Doggy paddles across shipping lane after surviving cliff plunge

Thu Feb 3, 7:41 AM ET

LONDON (AFP) - When six-month-old Jack Russell puppy Toby, startled by a gunshot, leapt off a 70-foot (21-metre) cliff and into a busy shipping lane, his owners presumed it was the last they would see of their beloved pet.

But Toby was made of stronger stuff.

In exploits recounted by a series of newspapers on Thursday, the white-and-tan terrier puppy survived the sheer drop and plunged into Plymouth Sound, a famously busy waterway off the southwest coast.

Undeterred by boat traffic in the estuary, regularly used by warships, submarines and ferries, Toby paddled a mile (1.6 kilometres) across the bay, where a Ministry of Defence boat crew, alerted to his plight, found him perched shivering on a rock.

Wrapped in a blanket, the unharmed dog was returned to his astonished owners, David and Sandra Lee.

"We honestly thought we'd lost him," Mr Lee was quoted as saying in the Daily Mail newspaper. "It's a true miracle he's still with us."

Toby leapt over a wall on the edge of the cliff top when he was startled by a gunshot from a nearby army barracks, Lee added.

"He must have thought it was just a wall, without knowing there was a sheer drop of 70 foot on the other side."

No comments: