Friday, February 25, 2005

Fighting the Good Fight

I finally let this illness get the better of me yesterday. I gave up and stayed home. Took a day all to myself. I just lounged and napped continuously on the couch all day long. I feel some better today, although not fabulous. Casey and I are trying to get our weekend plan together. He's doing his typical Saturday routine of late and coming to work with me tomorrow. I think he's planning on having lunch with one of his good friends. Tomorrow night, we are supposed to have dinner with Jennie from Kindred Spirits and her husband, Jason. We are heading out to our very favorite Chinese restaurant, Chef Chen's. I'm looking forward to that sizzling platter full of Happy Family! Sunday, depending on how I'm feeling, we may go to church and then out for lunch somewhere. Sunday is kinda sketchy right now. And then there's the fabulous Monday. Monday...wonderful Monday. The day that I get to work at Kindred Spirits. It's hard to believe the day that most everybody dreads is the day, I now, look forward to the most of all. I just hope that I feel back to my old self by then. Looks like rain is in the forcast again, so I'd better take my muck shoes!

I got my reservations made and my confirmation information all done for The Atlanta Pet Fair. Some of the professional groomers are going to do some spring cleaning and bring boxes and bags of equipment and extras to all of us newbies. Totally cool!! Free supplies!! I'm also looking VERY forward to all of the lectures. I hope that I learn a lot to take back to the kennel with me to use on clients' dogs. I'm hoping that I can be rather spongelike and absorb the knowledge that I'm given. Well, that's about it for the Zoo homefront today. Everyone have a great day!

No comments: