Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Happy December!

I can't believe it! It's December 1st! This year seems to have really flown by quickly. Christmas is fast approaching, and I'm completely not ready! I've still got to get my decorations up. Casey said that he would help me get some of the stuff out of the attic tonight. So on Thursday night, I'll start decorating the mantel and putting my garlands up. That way, I'll only have the tree left to do by the weekend. Hopefully, I'll get all of the lizard tanks moved and placed in the back room by the weekend. So much to do. I'm really starting to get stressed about it all. Casey cooked all day yesterday and is planning to do more today. He is making meals to put in the freezer to have for the rest of the week. That way, neither of us will have to worry about cooking, while the wild decorating begins.

Bear has been absolutely crazed. He hadn't been on his walk in about a week, since I had been so sick. So Monday night and last night he finally got to go. He was so happy. I was so happy when he collapsed, blissfully, in the middle of the kitchen floor. You just have no idea what it's like to have a schipperke bouncing off all of the furniture and walls in your house! He's just so cute though, I just can't help but adore him. I plan tonight to get my Christmas cards addressed and in the mail. I have one kind for our regular list and special cards made up with Bear on them for all of the neighbors. As I left the post office parking lot yesterday, I realized that I needed more than one book of stamps. I hate it when I do stuff like that. Now I have to brave that crowd one more time. I've been ticking off a few Christmas gifts at a time. I have to say that I just love online shopping. There's something about having the gifts delivered right to your door. It sure does save time and energy! When I wrote out the actual Christmas list today, I realize that we are doing a lot better than I thought. A lot of people on our list want gift cards, so that'll be easy enough. Now I just have to work on a list to give Casey of things I want. Gotta run for now. Work beckons. I've updated the photoblog today. So pop over and have a look. I've also posted some holiday tips for pets below, courtesy of Pawsitive Notes enjoy!

Holiday Tips for Pets

Be especially patient with your humans during this time. They may appear to be more stressed-out than usual and they will appreciate long comforting dog leans.

2. They may come home with large bags of things they call gifts. Do not assume that all the gifts are yours.

3. Be tolerant if your humans put decorations on you. They seem to get some special kind of pleasure out of seeing how you look with fake antlers.

4. They may bring a large tree into the house and set it up in a prominent place and cover it with lights and decorations. Bizarre as this may seem to you, it is an important ritual for your humans, so there are some things you need to know:

- don't pee on the tree

- - don't drink water in the container that holds the tree

- - mind your tail when you are near the tree

- - if there are packages under the tree, even ones that smell interesting or that have your name on them, don't rip them open.

- - don't chew on the cord that runs from the funny-looking hole in the wall to the tree.

5. Your humans may occasionally invite lots of strangers to come visit during this season. These parties can be lots of fun, but they also call for some discretion on your part:

- not all strangers appreciate kisses and leans

- - don't eat off the buffet table

- - beg for goodies subtly

- - be pleasant, even if unknowing strangers sit on your sofa

- - don't drink out of glasses that are left within your reach.

6. Likewise, your humans may take you visiting. Here your manners will also be important:

- -observe all the rules in #4 for trees that may be in other people's houses.

- - respect the territory of other animals that may live in the house

- - tolerate children

- - turn on your charm big time.

7. A big man with a white beard and a very loud laugh may emerge from your fireplace in the middle of the night.

DON'T BITE HIM!!

No comments: