Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Oh the Places You Will Ache!

Last week I decided to start a new exercise regimen. I am usually very good about exercising, but this fall and winter I've let things go. I joined Curves. It's a fast 30 minute workout designed especially for women. I joined after 3 of my friends, who live in different places all had good results. So yesterday, I went for my first workout. I must say that I really enjoyed it. The workout went by super fast, and I still was standing when it was over. I will admit to feeling pretty good, after I got cooled down. This morning, I will also admit to being a little sore, but not awful. I'm going back tonight, so we'll see. Hopefully, this will take some of the dreaded inches off my body. I'm not going to try and do anything drastic to my eating habit during the holidays. I'll be waiting until January to torture myself with that kind of thing.

I did have some rather good news yesterday too. For the past year, there have been some dogs next door to me that I've worried contstantly about. They are always chained and are never given much attention. The lady who owns them is not a bad person, but is a single mother who works very hard to support her 2 children, so she doesn't have a lot of free time. One of the dogs is a female, purebred Blue Heeler, who I call Sweetie and the other is a male, mutt type of dog. Both are EXTREMELY sweet and friendly. Anyway, I always secretly wished that I could help get them adopted out in the country so they could have a place to run. Last night when I had Bear out, she approached me and asked if I knew of anyone who wanted the dogs. I told her not right off, but since I was a Humane Society volunteer I'd help her place them in good homes. Neither dog has been spayed/neutered, so I made a call to my head lady, Kitty, and she told me we'd have them fixed and groomed and then try to place them. I just can't tell you all how happy this makes me. I've worried about those dogs for months! Now I get to help find them happy homes. Everyone keep their fingers crossed that we can find them good placements.

I'll try to get the photoblog updated sometime today. Andrea sent me some more great cartoons, and I just want to share another with you guys! Everyone have a great day!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH MY, that cartoon floored me! During our last snowfall we realized that our male is beginning to lift instead of squat. Frodo is growing up:( I need a curves! Walking the dog does wonders, but it is too cold for my achy bones:( I LOVE blue healers! Glad the dogs get a 2nd chance!
ann
http://www.mymuddymess.com/blosxom.pl