Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Let It Snow!

I've certainly gotten that December weather that I wanted. These past couple of nights have been the coldest we've had so far. Quite a little shock after those balmy 70's we had a couple weeks ago. It makes for letting the dogs out before daylight a bit shocking! We've been having snow flurries here since late last night. It's so exciting to see the first snow fly through the air every year. It doesn't matter that it doesn't accumulate. It certainly has helped to put me in the Christmas mood!

The weekend went by quickly. As usual, I kept very busy around the house. I managed to do a complete clean again and get the outside decorations up as well. My little house just looks so festive now. Yesterday, Mom and I went to do some Christmas shopping. I had managed to get a little done after work on Saturday too. I managed to get a few pictures made of my decorations too. I haven't taken any of the outside yet. Hopefully, I'll get a few made during the week. This week is going to be a short week for me. We are closed Saturday, due to winter graduation, so 4 day work week for me. I've been busy all morning setting up our section's student assistant party. We decided instead of little gifts this year, that we would just feed them. We have all kinds of goodies today in the back to munch. We even made Starbucks coffee!! It just smells wonderful in here. I gotta go and get some things done. I'll have a better update tomorrow. LET IT SNOW!!! Read below for a story with a happy ending! Read about this over on Modern Pooch. Also for some Christmas spirit, head on over to Dogster or Catster to view their Holiday Picture Party! You can even submit photos of your furry friend with a Christmas theme. They are running a contest to go along with the holiday pictures as well. Have a look at Bear's entry.

Dognapping Case Ends With A Happy Reunion With Help From News On 6 Viewers

Christmas has come a little early for some Tulsa dog lovers. Their puppy was recently stolen, literally dog napped. But thanks to some quick thinking Channel 6 viewers, they have their puppy back.

Earlier this week, News on 6 anchor Lori Fullbright ran a story on dog napping in the Tulsa area. A woman says she was walking her dog in midtown Tulsa, when four men drove up, jumped out of the car, stole her dog, and drove off.

Thursday night, some young viewers who saw the story spotted the puppy near 81st and Memorial. Shae and Cameron Mortazavi recognized the dog and with the help of their dad tried to get the dog back to its owner. " I was very excited to see my kids do something like that and I rushed home and said let's call Channel 6 and let's see what we need to do to get it back to it's owner."

Boyfriend of the dog’s owner Drew Cantrell: "I'm just so happy to have her back, such a relief to us. We were so worried we weren't going to get her back. We're just so happy to have her back now."

The dog was a little hungry, but other than that in good shape. Drew Cantrell told the News on 6, he was nervous the whole drive over to meet the Mortazavi's, because he didn't want it to be the wrong dog. When he saw the cropped ears, he knew it was her.

The 10-week old puppy's name is Nina and we're happy to report Nina is back with her original owners.

No comments: