Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Lazy Day....

I'm certainly draggy today. I have so much to do and so little time to do it in, all I want to do is just sit here. It's such a bad habit that I have. Anyway, got a lot accomplished yesterday, at least. I got a lot ticked off on my work list. After work, I went to Curves and did my workout. Afterwards, I went and picked Mom up, and she and I went to KFC to get some dinner. I took her to the grocery store to pick up a few things. When I finally got back home, I had to get Casey's clothes put together. He had a thing to go to this morning and needed the right outfit. If everything turns out o.k., I'll let you all in on the details later. When I got finished being the fashion consultant, I managed to give all of the dogs their monthly pedicure treatments. The only one who didn't get theirs was Shiloh. She is so shy and timid that she acts like we are killing her by just trimming her toenails! She cries and writhes and just carries on something awful. So, it usually takes both Casey and I to get her done. No more clickies on the kitchen floor for now. Both of the dogs next door are still faring the cold pretty well. I visited with them last night and took them some treats. I talked with Casey about the heated water dish and he agreed. So now, we are trying to find one to buy.

Tonight promises to be pretty crazy. I think Casey and I might be going out to dinner. That's such a rare treat these days, since Casey's shift went on 12 hours, five days a week. I'm hoping to pop by Curves too and get my workout in tonight. Since they are closed on Friday, and we are going to dinner with our friend, Melissa, tomorrow night, I really need to go tonight so I can at least get 3 workouts in this week. I've noticed that I really feel so much better on the days that I exercise, both mentally and physically. We have a little more shopping to get finished too. Will the shopping ever be over? Well, I gotta run. I promise there really are some new pictures to be posted on the photoblog too. I've posted a really good holiday piece below. I found it posted on Chrissy's blog. It's so good that I think it bears a repeat. Enjoy!

Rescuers 'Twas the Night before Christmas

C Copyright 1998 Stacey Vincent

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there;

The children were nestled all snug in their beds, With no thought of the dog filling their head.

And mamma in her 'kerchief, and I in my cap, Knew he was cold, but didn't care about that.

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter, I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.

Away to the window I flew like a flash, Figuring the dog was free of his chain and into the trash.

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow Gave the luster of mid-day to objects below,

When, what to my wondering eyes should appear, But Santa Clause - with eyes full of tears.

He unchained the dog, once so lively and quick, Last year's Christmas present, now painfully thin and sick..

More rapid than eagles he called the dog's name. And the dog ran to him, despite all his pain;

"Now, DASHER! Now, DANCER! Now, PRANCER and VIXEN! On, COMET! On CUPID! On, DONDER and BLITZEN!

To the top of the porch! To the top of the wall! Let's find this dog a home where he'll be loved by all"

I knew in an instant there would be no gifts this year, For Santa Clause had made one thing quite clear,

The gift of a dog is not just for the season, We had gotten the pup for all the wrong reasons.

In our haste to think of the kids a gift There was one important thing that we missed.

A dog should be family, and cared for the same You don't give a gift, then put it on a chain.

And I heard him exclaim as he rode out of sight, "You weren't giving a gift! You were giving a life!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Frodo would rather have ALL of his toys taken away than have his nails clipped:( You would think we were killing the poor thing. It takes 3 to do it. 1 to hold 1 to trim and the other to pet and love. It gets the back 2 trimmed with minimal screaming...
ann
http://www.mymuddymess.com/blosxom.pl

spashop.com.ua said...

Hi! I would like to open beauty salon. Does anybody have an experience in this business? There are too many options in different salon equipment. Could anybody give me an advise? What store is more reliable to buy T blade hair clippers and Nose hair clippers. I'm choosing between Advance-Esthetic.Com and Spa&Equipment websites.