Monday, December 20, 2004

And the Race Is On!

The final countdown to Christmas has arrived. Christmas week! I think that I had a little too much Christmas cheer this past Wednesday and Thursday, which left me in bed on Friday. I'm recovered and ready to go. I'll be making out my final list of gifts left to get today. I did manage to feel better over the weekend enough to attend my annual family dinner. It's been a long standing tradition since before I was born. I had a wonderful time! I also got a very, very special gift from my cousin Ruth. She brought a picture of my grandmother to me. It was made when she was about 18 or so. See, I'm a child of older parents, so I don't remember my grandmother before she was totally grey, and she passed away when I was only 14. Also, there are very, very few early pictures of her, since she was born in 1894. This picture seems to be from about 1913. It is a real treasure that I'm very proud to have. So proud, in fact, that I just cried when she gave it to me. It's the only picture of my grandmother that I have. I'm going to carry it to the state archives and see if a friend of mine will clean it, and make a negative of it for me. Kim is helping me find a very special frame for it too!! I think it's one of the best Christmas gifts that I've ever gotten! Yesterday, I went to Casey's shift party. They all decided that they just wanted hamburgers and the trimmings for their holiday dinner, and convinced Casey to make his famous "Casey burgers". So, he cooked for everyone. It was quite good. Afterwards, I just headed home and visited with my Mom for a while.

The temperature has been quite frigid here for the past few days. It's been about 10 to 11 degrees for lows with wind chills below 0. So far, the dogs next door have weathered o.k. They've been using their dog houses. I've been slipping down and giving them extra food to make up for the extra calories that they've been burning to keep warm. I may go and get them a heated water dish sometime today, so their water will stop freezing up. I've got a make a note to myself to check the prices of those today!

I hope that everyone is having happy holidays so far. I'll try to update the photoblog later today too! A BIG CONGRATULATIONS to Paul and Debbie on the wedding this past Saturday!! I hope they're having a lovely honeymoon in Scotland this week.

1 comment:

Воскоплавы купить said...

Hi! I would like to open beauty salon. Does anybody have an experience in this business? There are too many options in different salon equipment. Could anybody give me an advise? What store is more reliable to buy Vacuum hair clippers and Cordless hair clippers. I'm choosing between Advance-Esthetic.Com and Spa&Equipment websites.