Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Weekend Recap

This past weekend really flew by. On Saturday night, Casey and I went to the Montana Drive In with some friends. We saw the double feature of Indy 4 and Iron Man. Admission is $6.00 for both movies. I really thought it was a steal. I know by reading the reviews the past several days that there is no middle ground, where Indy 4 is concerned. I'm happy to report that I LOVED it. I've been a HUGE fan of Indiana Jones, since Raiders. I know that a lot of folks are saying that it doesn't fit with the other 3, and they hate the use of CGI. I feel differently. At the time they made the original Indiana Jones movies, they were using all the cutting edge technology. Why wouldn't they use the cutting edge technology today? It didn't detract from my enjoyment. I never once questioned this one's place in the original 3. People change over the years. If they made the exact same movie, well, we've already got it in our DVD collection. I was so into the movie that it was like no time had passed for Indiana. It was kind of like seeing someone you see everyday. You don't realize they are going grey. It's only later that you realize, suddenly, that they have. As for the use of the alien plotline and feeling like it was over the top and unbelievable, I ask this: What part of flying ark ghosts, melting men, beating hearts in bare fists, the crusading knight and the grail didn't seem a little unbelievable hmmmm? That all seems a bit questionable too. The movie entertained me, and it let me visit some old friends from my childhood. Time well spent, I say.

. Iron Man was equally good. I loved the humor, and Robert Downey Jr. did an excellent job. It made me really proud to see him on screen. I'm glad that he was able to get his life back in order, and I hope that he continues to do well. Now, I just can't wait for the sequel!!

On Sunday, we went over to our friend Loki's house for a pre Memorial Day cookout. There was a ton of food, and we enjoyed visiting with everyone. We spent a lot of time gathered in the computer room laughing at YouTube.

Yesterday, Casey and I basically lounged around the house all day. My Mom had planned an elaborate outdoor cookout to start around 5:00 p.m. That plan was trashed, when thunderstorms rolled through the area. By 6:00 p.m. the rain had stopped, and Casey was able to get the burgers grilled. It was too wet to eat outside, so we just took everything in. Even though we were eating inside, the food was just as good!!

No comments: