Saturday, May 03, 2008

In Miami

We are safely in Miami. We left out around 9:30 this morning and rolled into Miami about 6:00 p.m. We did have serveral stops along the way, including lunch. The drive today was pretty easy. It was sunny all the way. Even though it was only an hour longer than yesterday's drive, it seemed a LOT longer. By those last 150 miles, I was definitely ready to be out of the car. My bottom is numb!! We really haven't had a chance to see much of Miami yet. We came in on the Florida Turnpike, so there wasn't much of a view. We did, however, see the Minute Maid orange groves and Minute Maid Parkway. Pretty exciting for the little southern girl, who doesn't get out much. We had a few extra things that we needed to pick up, so we've been to the nearby Target. We were so tired that we ended up just having Denny's for dinner. We were both starving, and wouldn't you know that the computer didn't send our ticket back to the kitchen. So, dinner ended up taking a lot longer that we expected. Oh well. Live and learn.

I'm hoping to just get in bed soon and maybe read or just relax a little. We don't leave the hotel on the shuttle for the dock until noon tomorrow. They serve a full hot breakfast here, so we'll get up in time to eat and get our things together. After two very early mornings, it will be nice to sleep in a little. I hope that I do sleep. I'm pretty excited. It's just really set in today that I'll be on a ship tomorrow. Like I said I haven't done any world traveling in my life, so I can't begin to imagine what I'm in for. Well folks, I'm off to relax now. I'll make another entry in the morning, before we go to the port. Night all! The journey continues tomorrow.....

No comments: