Friday, May 02, 2008

First Stop

We're at our first stop on the trip. We made really good time. We pulled out around noon. We've stopped in Tifton, GA for the night. We rolled into town about 6:15 our time. We did make a couple stops on the way. It's nearly the half way point between home and Miami. We nearly didn't outrun the rain, when we left. When we hit Chattanooga we drove back into sunshine, and it's been beautiful ever since. There's no threat of stormy weather here. So far, there's nothing but beautiful weather between here and Miami. You guys take care back close to home. I hear there's the potential for some really nasty weather headed that way close to midnight. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all is well there.

Well, I'm going to say goodnight. I need to get wound down and get to bed. We need to leave out early in the morning to make tomorrow's drive. More from Miami, when we get there......

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I've been thinking of you...jealously! Have a great week! I want to see lots of pictures when you get home!! (((hugs))) Nothing but clear skies and sunshine for you this week, I hope!