Thursday, June 28, 2007

Summertime

WOW!! It's hot out there today. In my little part of town, we have barely had any rain for nearly 7 weeks! It seems to always rain on the far side of town, but never crosses the bridge for some reason. My front yard actually crunches, when you walk on it. It's dead and brown. I haven't had my yard cut since the week before Memorial Day. My flowers are looking good, thanks to an astronomical water bill. The weather gurus are calling what is taking place in my area an extraordinary drought: extraordinary meaning a drought like we haven't had in 50 years or more. In other parts of the country, they are getting more rain than they can handle. Everyday, I keep thinking that TODAY is the day it will rain at my house. I've learned to deal with disappoinment. Surely the weather has got to give soon. It depresses me to see everything dying. I need some fresh green. Gotta run for now, I hope it's nice wherever you guys are right now.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

It's been raining here off and on all week...just stopped in fact...weird that the rain won't come to you! You can have some of ours!