Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Sleeping Habits

John, over at Lake Neuron, has posted a really cool meme and has invited his friends to participate. It's really interesting, so I'm going to give it a go.

“Six weird things I do while getting ready to sleep or while sleeping,”

1. Before I start to get myself ready for bed, I give Bear and Slate their nightly medications. Bear has to take 2 arthritis meds, and Slate has his 5 heart meds.

2. I take my meds and make sure that Casey takes his (he's horrible about remembering to take his own medicine).

3. Let all of the dogs out one last time for the night.

4. Put on my PJs and make my nest on the sofa. I've been having trouble falling asleep lately and the t.v. keeps Casey awake, so I start my night on the sofa relaxing and watching t.v. or reading surrounded (or guarded) by all of the dogs.

5. A lot of nights, I'll wake up with some horrible program blaring. I can't just doze back to sleep. I have to change channels to something I could stand to watch, if I were awake, and NO infomercials, please. (strange, I know). I've found that Animal Planet and A&E are good, because they have station programming 24/7.

6. When I do shuffle off to the bedroom, it's usually a couple hours after Casey has gone to bed. I make one last bathroom trip, grab my pillow and head to bed with all of the dogs following me. Bear is the only dog that wants to sleep on the bed so I pick him up, and he heads for his spot at the foot.

I'm not going to tag people, just play along if you want.

No comments: