Friday, June 08, 2007

A Feel Good Story

Yesterday morning, I got a phone call from my co-worker, Kim. She asked me if I wanted to rescue another dog. Well after mulling it over in my head for a few minutes, I declined. With Slate's ill health and Bear's arthritis treatment, I have a rather full plate. It seems that a lost Airedale Terrier had placed himself outside where Kim's fiancee' works. I quickly put Kim in touch with a friend of mine that does large dog rescue in the area. When Kim got to work, I got the full story. She had spoken with my rescue friend who suggested that they take the lost dog to the county animal control first. Then, if the owners didn't claim him and he wasn't adopted, she would come and take him into her rescue. So, Kim decided that was the way to go and called her fiancee and gave him the scoop. The manager of the place got the dog ready to take him to animal control. On the way out the door, a patron said he'd seen a man trying to catch the dog over in the parking lot of the hotel across the highway. He said the man was calling him Jack. So, the manager then totes the dog, Jack, over to the hotel and starts asking questions. Still no luck. The manager finally decides to take Jack on over to animal control. In the meantime, my rescue friend, Mary, has already arrived at animal control to have a look at the dog. While she's there waiting, a couple comes in looking for a lost Airedale Terrier. Well, Mary figures this can be no coincidence and tells the couple she knows where their dog is. At that moment, the manager walks in with Jack. Jack IS indeed the couple's lost dog!! As it turns out, they had taken Jack to a local boarding kennel, a couple of miles away, and he'd gotten loose. After several attempts to catch him, they had lost him. They were very thankful to see Jack again, and the reunion was a VERY happy one. Isn't that a great happy ending? I just love it when everything works out that way. It was just meant to be.

No comments: