Saturday, June 16, 2007

Summertime

Do you know one of the things I love most about summertime? Dogs in cars. Yes, that's right. You read it right. I just love driving around on city streets and country highways and seeing all the different dogs in cars. Whether they're perched on the back seat or heads in the breeze with ears flapping, I just love 'em. I particularly loved one late yesterday afternoon. Casey and I were in late afternoon stop and go traffic on the way home. I happened to look at a truck moving ahead of us. The back seat window was cracked about 2 inches. Straining to push out of the crack was the cutest black snout. This dog managed to get his snout out a couple of inches. It was just one of the most hysterical things I've seen in a while. Needless to say, I enjoyed that dog and his or her snout for several miles. Ah, summertime and dogs in cars. Pure fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frodo N Daisy LOVE hanging their heads out the window. I only open it far enough for their head to go out, not the rest of the body. The new truck has a back window that goes down. Too bad it is either all the way up or all the way down. BAT DOGS:)

Anonymous said...

LOL...I love it too. Doesn't stories like the one you told make waiting in stop and go traffic much more fun?!
I don't care how grumpy a mood I'm in, if I see a dog with it's head out the window of a car it makes me smile and the day a little brighter. One more reason to just love 'em. =)