Thursday, June 21, 2007

Sleep Deprived

I think that my dogs are plotting against me. Yesterday when I got home, Casey mentioned that Bear was acting funny. I said, "Funny how?" He said, "When I took him outside, he just ran around everywhere. He was frantic and hyper." Well, I just wrote it off that he'd just been cooped up inside all day and was happy to get out. When I took him out last night he did the same thing, but I noticed that he was running and sitting down, running and sitting down. He had this same kind of sympton last December, when we had to rush him to the late night clinic with an abcessed anal gland. I checked him out, when we got back in the house and sure enough that was the problem. Luckily, it wasn't to the point of a visit to said and VERY expensive after hours clinic. He was only mildy bothered, but it did make him restless and a little whiney last night. Bear is NOT at all like Slate. Where Slate is bulletbroof (literally) and never complains at all, Bear is the exact opposite. It's usually bad, when I notice that something is not right with Slate. Bear, on the other hand, is like the Princess and the Pea. The minute he feels ANY discomfort, the ENTIRE world is made known of his woes. He was resting pretty good, when I went to bed last night at 10:00. By 11:30 he woke me up whining and running back and forth. The only thing that satified him was for me to pet his head. So, I've been up since 11:30 last night. Needless to say, I feel TERRIFIC this morning. Casey and I dropped Bear off at Dr. K's to have his "needs" attended to. This is their short day, so I'll leave work early today and pick him up. That's such a good thing, because I'll get to take a nap this afternoon!!

1 comment:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Hope all is well with Bear, you've had more than your share of animal issues lately.

(((HUGS)))

PS...click the bubble tea link on my post (there's hover script over it) and you'll go to the wiki page for it :)