Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Whew!! What A Day!!

Well today has started off with a bang. I had barely gotten the door unlocked this morning at work, when everything started happening. We had a huge class in here, and then we had a theft in our area, and then everything went down the toilet. I think that things are settling finally. I also had tire problems with my car. Nothing serious, but I am required to buy new tires after work today. A minor irritation. Casey is on the way to interview for a possible new position. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. He's been put back on day shift for the moment, so we have a little more time together. That's nice with the holidays coming up.

The wine tasting went over very, very well. Just with the preliminary numbers, I think we ended up doing better than last year. All of the volunteers did an excellent job, and the whole affair was wonderful. I did bid on a couple of items, but they went so high that I dropped the idea of bidding any further. I managed to get a few Christmas card sales too! We were packed wall to wall with people, so it seems we did well in the ticket sales. Two things, as far as decorations go, were my favorites. They had 2 big clusters of grapes made out of balloons, and the centerpieces all had pictures of our adoptable animals attached. It was all too cute! I feel, all in all, it was a HUGE success!! Pictures will follow this post. Don't forget to check out the photoblog. I'm putting some fall pictures up there too!

Don't forget to celebrate National Shelter Appreciation Week this week! Sometimes a simple thank you can do wonders!

1 comment:

Snowbabies said...

Looks like you had a great time :-) Don't think we could do wine tasting, half a bottle constitutes one glass in our house ..lol..

Paul & Debbie