Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Could I Actually Feel Better Today?

I must say that I feel much improved today. By the end of yesterday, I was feeling really crummy again. So, in a weak, pitiful moment I decided to call the doctor back. I told him that I felt some better, but it hadn't improved in the past 3 days. He told me that the flu had aggravated both my asthma and allergies and prescribed me a cortisone pack. He then told me I should begin to feel better post haste, and he was right! I've had this medication before, but I had forgotten how fast I feel better, when I take it. Anyway, I'm a bit sensitive to it and get a little jittery. I just kept laying there in bed, awake, last night thinking up every little thing I had to get done. I tend to feel like Superwoman, when I'm on cortisone. At least the coughing and sniffles have been fought back under control. YIPPEEE!!!

I did get to our monthly humane meeting. I felt like we got a lot accomplished. Turns out we did really well at the wine tasting. A friend of mine, Aaron, who is a professional web designer came and talked with us about building a professional website for our assocation. It went really well, and the board members are meeting to vote on it Monday. I've got my fingers crossed. The site will have a built in pet and mailing database, so it will help to streamline our operation. We are still on a paper system, and things can get confusing with so many volunteers handling different aspects of operation.

I'm hopefully going to get a lot done at work today. I have some textbooks to enter into our catalog and an order back in from the bindery to process. I gotta get a move on, because the week is short for the holiday. My coworker, Kim, and I want to have to tomorrow to get the holiday decorating done and do a little holiday-ing ourselves. I'm also hoping to get a little house cleaing done tonight. I never did get finished the weekend that I got sick. Gotta make way to deck the halls! Everyone have a great day! I'll be posting more ICE pictures at the photoblog today. Drop by and have a gaggle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back! So far so good health wise here. The kids are stuffy, but no fevers! Those packs do wonders! I am asthmatic and sometimes it is the only thing that works! Furry friends make the BEST heating pads!
ann
http://www.mymuddymess.com/blosxom.pl