Monday, November 22, 2004

Things to Be Thankful For...

This week marks "that time of year again". I always try to remember to be thankful for all of the little blessings that I have in my life. It's so easy to get caught up these days with all of the "wants" that we have, that we forget to be thankful for what we do have. My list ticks off something like this: I'm thankful for my husband, home, family, job, enough food to eat, healthy pets, an animal shelter so the homeless animals have a place to go, same for all of the homeless folks. I'm also glad that I have happy, healthy pets. I'm thankful for all of the wonderful friends that I've met online through my blog here. I could go on and on all day. Everyone gets so caught up on the commercial aspect of the holidays, that I have to remind myself what really matters.

I'm still in the same state of limbo today with my sickness. I'm still sniffling and coughing, but I'm no worse either. I'm just ready for this to be over and done. I'm ready to feel good. I hope to feel good for Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday. Casey works 12 hours that day, so Mom and I are going to my brother's house for lunch, and then we'll eat again when Casey gets off from work. I'm also starting to think about all of the decorating and shopping that I need to get started and finished. It all seems so monumental, when you don't feel well. I just keep thinking that tomorrow I'll feel better. There's not a whole lot going on at work today. I expect that it will be pretty quiet with the holidays coming up. We'll see. Everyone have a great day! Leave a comment and let me know how you all will be celebrating Thanksgiving. I'll definitely be updating the photoblog a little later today. To get in the holiday spirit, I'm posting some pictures from last Christmas. All of these were made at the Ice Spectacular that was held at the Opryland Hotel in Nashville. They just turned all of their lights on for Christmas this past week. It is a sight to behold. Anyway, it was 30 below in the ice sculpture room, and we all were freezing!! Enjoy! TAH!

No comments: