Saturday, November 13, 2004

Count Down to the Big Work Event

Well folks, it's finally approaching my weekend. Lots of things to get done at work today. Tuesday is our big naming event, here at the library. There are going to be 200+ people attending. They are going to set up a stage, refreshments, etc. down in the atrium at 3 p.m. I'm sure the students attempting to get work done will just love that. Anyway, we have to be available to give tours and whatnot after the unveiling of the plaque. I'm sure that there will be lots of people coming in and out of here. To get ready for the big event, we've all been doing lots of "house cleaning" type things this past week. Today I have to finish my carts and processing and get several book displays ready. The stacks already look neat as a pin thanks to my trusty and very capable student assistants. I also need to get my desk area cleaned and neatend. No biggie really, but trying to reorganize piles that stashed in purposeful spots may require some thought.

Last night, Casey and I met for dinner before heading home to Shelbyville. We ate at Demos' Steakhouse. It gets the award for best restaurant every year, and you just can't lose with the quality of the meal there. I had the blackened chicken pasta which was very tasty. Casey had the Kansas City strip. Both excellent meals. Afterwards, we did a little shopping. I managed to get myself a new winter coat, and none too soon I might add. It's a charcoal grey, wool navy pea coat. It's quite lovely, and I absolutely love it! Casey got himself a few sale items too. We dropped by Pet Land to see what they had. We always love to look at the puppies, although I DON'T agree with buying pets in pet stores at all!!! I do like to take them out and play with them. They had a beautiful little female schipperke puppy. She was very well behaved and absolutely adorable. She was a perfect miniature little Bear. I would have just loved to have stuffed her in my pocket and taken her home with me. I'm sure that I'll be going back to play with her again soon, until they sell her.

Tomorrow holds more housecleaning for me. Now that I've started on the back two rooms, I don't want to quit. I'll be watching the Titans play, while I'm cleaning. On Monday, it's back to Nashville. Mom's got to go for the ultrasound of her kidneys. All of her other tests have turned out fine, so if this one shows nothing they'll release her. I'm hoping for the best. We'll probably saunter around Nashville a bit and maybe do some shopping. Well, I gotta get cracking on all of this work stuff. Everyone have a great weekend!

1 comment:

disinterpreter said...

I´ve been wanting a pea coat! Wah, jealous.