Sunday, November 21, 2004

I'm Alive....at Least I Think I Am

A great big 'ol apology to all of my blog readers for my abscence this past week. After a whirlwind day of cleaning last Sunday, I felt that I had the coming week under control. I went to bed Sunday night with a clean house and lots of plans for the upcoming week. I managed to get mother to the doctor on Monday. Her tests wents quickly, and we are still waiting for the results. I figure that everything must be o.k., since no news is good news where medical tests are concerned. That morning, I woke up feeling "out of sorts". You know, that kind of feeling like you can't get awake. I battled what I thought was one of my wonderful exhaustion attacks all day. I tried it all coffe, food, more coffe, etc. to try to wake up. The closer we got to home I started to realize that my throat wasn't feeling right. It was getting scratchy and swollen. I decided to take a quick nap after I got home. When I woke up, I realized that I was in trouble. My throat felt like someone had poured liquid fire through it, and I was basically feeling lousy. I went ahead and called my boss. I told her that I really didn't think that I was going to be at work for the big naming. She handled it really well and told me to take it easy and call the doctor. The next morning, I realized what a wise decision it had been to take the day off. I ended up calling the doctor. He felt that even though I'd had my flu shot, I had caught the flu before it had taken full effect. Wonderful!! He prescribed some antibiotics and refilled my inhaler to stop the wheezing in my chest. On Wednesday, I went from bad to worse. The fever just wouldn't go away! Same thing for Thursday. On Friday, I started to feel a little more human, and that's the state I've been in ever since. I missed an entire week's worth of work! I'm feeling a bit better today, but still a long way from normal. I'm still dealing with the stuffy head, sniffles, and occassional cough. In other words, I've been away for a while. Bear, Slate, Lola, and Shiloh kept me company during my illness. They also helped keep me warm by piling in the bed and on the couch with me. I think Bear thought it was his personal duty to give me extra love to nurse me back to health. Hopefully, I'm now on my way to recovery. I'm just glad that it happened the week before Thanksgiving and not during the holiday. This week should be a little more normal at the zoo. Tah!

1 comment:

disinterpreter said...

Oh No! I hope you feel better, my husband had to go to Indiana last week and came back with this flu, he has been miserable for about six - seven days now. :(