Thursday, June 19, 2008

Where Have I Been?

I realized this morning, with a shock, that I hadn't updated the old blog here this week!! I can't believe it! You guys know that I really enjoy prattling on.... Life was normal this past weekend. We did take the puppies over to Jennie's on Sunday to play in the kennel play yard. We didn't stay long, because it was SO hot outside. I mostly just rested the rest of the day. Did the usual on Monday: cleaned house and did laundry.

I've been really working out this week, though. The weather got REALLY nice on Monday. It's been in the low 80's with really low humidity here, so it was ideal for getting some outdoor running training done. I'm running my first 5K in late August, so I've been really needing to train outside in the heat. I went to the park trail for the first time on Saturday night. It had rained most of the day, so the temp wasn't as bad, but it sure was hot and sticky. I managed to get 2 miles in, before I started to overheat. I went back yesterday afternoon, and the humidity was MUCH better. I managed to get my 3 miles done. I also learned to pace myself better on the hills. I may not be the fastest runner, but I'm REALLY improving my endurance. I went Monday night to the regular Rec Center track and got 3 miles in there as well. I hit the pool on Tuesday. Swimming the laps helps to make me feel like my spine is decompressing from all the pounding I get from running. It felt so good that I ended up swimming nearly 2 miles!! I've decided to take today as a rest day. We are moving a lot of big boxes at work, and my back is starting to feel a little strained. I'll be back in the pool tomorrow.

Well, I'd better run. I've got a million things to do today! Everyone have a GREAT day!

No comments: