Friday, June 13, 2008

It's Friday the 13th!

An unlucky day for some, but I usually have good luck on Friday the 13th. I'm just waiting to see what today has in store for me. After work today, I'm going back to the pool and taking Casey with me. He's going to sun (hehehe), and I'm going to swim my laps. I just hope the good weather holds, until we're done with that. There's a chance of scattered storms this afternoon, so we'll see.

To read about the origin of Friday the 13th, click HERE. As a history major, I couldn't resist. The short version is this: On Friday the 13th in 1307, all the the Knights Templar were arrested and imprisoned by the French King and the Pope. Over several years, they were tortured and killed. That is why Friday the 13th is considered to be unlucky.....

Everyone have a LUCKY day!!

No comments: