Wednesday, December 07, 2005

That Dog's Laughing At You!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Researchers have determined that dogs laugh. They say that it very much sounds like a loud hassling sound. Tape recordings of barking and "laughing" dogs have been used in SPCA shelters. The results? All of the kenneled dogs went wild barking, while the sound of barking was played. While the sound of dog laughter was played, the shelter went absolutely quiet. I have to say that I agree with the findings. Fergie often makes that special sound, especially when she's playing ball. That's how I KNOW she's happy. I just wish that we could get a recording of that dog laughter to use at the kennel, when it's full of barkers. What about you all? Do you have any laughing dogs? For more information or a full article, click HERE

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm interested in getting a hold of some copies of dogs laughing to play at the local animal shelters here in the Tri-Cities, TN. I think it will greatly calm the distressed dogs as well as make them more adoptable! I know people who stay away from the deafening sounds of the animal shelters; and if they do come, they shy away from the barking dogs, considering them a nuisance.

Does anyone know how to get a hold of one of those recordings? ABC did not say how to, I don't think.

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

Laura,
I looked around and found this link that might be some help. You can hear a sound clip of the dog laughter here:
http://www.petalk.org/DogLaughSpect.html
You may be able to contact them and get a recording for yourself. Hope this helps!!