Wednesday, December 14, 2005

In The Bleak Midwinter.....

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I've had the most interesting start to my day today. Just as I was about to turn into the lot at work, Casey calls. He tells me that there is a dog at the back door of his building that is starving to death. Now, you all know how we are. We couldn't just sit back and do nothing. It's winter time, and it's cold out, and it's bleak and dreary today especially. We called around to the local rescues, but it was so early that none were open. We took the dog to a local vet to have him boarded for the day, while we come up with more ideas. Turns out, he's a full bred Sharpei. The vet is going to clean him up and look him over. Hopefully, he'll check out fine. The vet's office is going to try and contact the Nashville Sharpei rescue. Hopefully, we'll have some luck there. Anyway, looks like we have another dog to foster for a while. AND I MEAN IT!!! Only for A WHILE this time!! We have a full house, and it just wouldn't be fair to bring another one in, but hopefully I can find a good home for it. It's time for me to go and chant my mantra.....

I WILL NOT GET ATTACHED! I WILL NOT GET ATTACHED! I WILL NOT GET ATTACHED!! Do ya'll think it'll work??

7 comments:

L^2 said...

The Sharpei is one of my favorite dog breeds (and Labs of course). I hope he's okay, and good luck finding him a wonderful new home!

Casper said...

i hope you will be able to find him a home soon. it would be wonderful if he gets a new family for christmas. :D

Casper said...

i hope you will be able to find him a home soon. it would be wonderful if he gets a new family for christmas. :D

Casper said...

i hope you will be able to find him a home soon. it would be wonderful if he gets a new family for christmas. :D

The Mistress of the Dark said...

You'll get attached. That's how I ended up with my fifth cat :)

Hugs to you. We really need to talk sometime soon.

Anonymous said...

Remember, an odd number of dogs makes for a better photographic composition. I keep tellin' ya.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm..I would not bet on that one. You will get attached. You love animals too much. And the ones that are strays and are hungry are the ones I seem to get attached to even more.

You and Casey are great for helping him. Wish there were more people like you guys in the world.

Have a great holiday.