Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Little Dogs Lost

Pennie is back from Why Rush?. She's spent the past couple of weeks working in Louisiana in the hurricane relief zone. She's posted some really good pictures of pets that have been separated from their owners. With her permission, I'm posting some of them here in hopes of their owners finding them. If anyone recognizes any of these pets, please contact Pennie so she can give you their location information. Pennie is a wonderful vet tech that volunteered her services to help. Here is some of her work:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com/

Humane Society of Louisiana camp (which we lovingly call "camp chaos" now).

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

If anyone reading this recognizes these girls I sure would like to see them go back to their rightful owners. They're females and it looks like Louise (the black chihuahua) has had a litter of pups and is a little older than Thelma (the tan chihuahua). Louise also has one ear that bends down (making her look oh so cute). She also has some skin issues which we think was due to the flea infestation they came in with. Thelma is also much more shy and it's hard to get her out of her kennel as she cowers in the back. If you recognize these girls or know who owns them please contact the Ramapo-Bergen Animal Refuge at 201-337-5180. They came in from New Orleans parish.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I ended up naming a lot of the dogs that came in. Scrunt was one of the first I named (and who stole my heart). I'd open his kennel and he'd come flying into my arms and wiggles and kisses. He had a collar on, so was moved to the Humane Society shelter in Hattiesburg, MS. where I hope his owners find him cause he's a great guy.

I hope all of these pets find their way back into the loving arms of their owners. Thanks so much Pennie, for letting me share your story!

No comments: