Saturday, September 24, 2005

Fun Week Ahead

It's finally the weekend. I've spent so much time lately focused on the Katrina animal rescue efforts, that I haven't had much time to personally report. Things are going just swimmingly around the Richardson household. Casey is really enjoying his new job. He's also lost a considerable amount of weight. He went down another belt loop just this week. Tick off notch number 7 for him. It does seem that I've found all that weight he's lost. (Note to self: quit pigging out after this weekend!!). Casey and I did a little shopping last night. We are trying to find Casey some new shorts that fit. It looks like we've waited a little late in the season. We ended up with nothing in the pants department. He did get a new pair of sneakers. Since he walks over 7 hours a day, he goes through a pair pretty fast. I ended up with a new pair too (yipee!! I do love new shoes). We stopped by PetsMart and got the dogs a few new things. Some of their old toys had gotten pretty ragged, so I wanted to replace them. They ended up with a new rope, ball, and chews.

The only dark spot on life you ask? Casey's cousin, Andrew, is deploying to Iraq this week. He's in the army and is deploying out of Ft. Campbell, Kentucky. Casey and I both just love Andrew and dread seeing him leave. We know that he'll be there for at least 12 months. Andrew just loves mail and having paper letters especially. So if any of you readers would like to have an army penpal leave a comment or e-mail me, and I'll be glad to hook you up with his address.

I'm looking forward to an exciting week next week. On Thursday after work, I'm headed up to Nashville to Davis-Kidd Booksellers. One of my favorite writers, Diana Gabaldon, is doing a book signing there. Her new novel A Breath of Snow and Ashes the sixth in the Outlander series, is due for release this coming Tuesday. I've officially cleared my book reading schedule for this. I'm really looking forward to it. My co-worker, who introduced me to the Outlander series, is going with me. It promises to be a really fun night. I'll be sure to get some pictures to post here.

Tonight, Casey and I are going to do one of our favorite things. We are going to the Montana Drive-In. It's been a couple of months since we've been there, and we really miss it. I'm looking forward to one of their hand dipped corn dogs, big vat of popcorn, and funnel cakes (could this be the reason for non loss of weight.....naaaaah!!). Since dusk is falling earlier, we should get home at a fairly decent hour. Those 2 a.m. movies were killing me! I think we'll be taking in the double feature of Lord of War and Transporter 2. A night of action movies for Casey. Not bad entertainment for $5! I've got to go and get a ton of stuff done. I hope that everyone has a great weekend!

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected as Hurricane Rita made landfall early this morning.

4 comments:

L^2 said...

I like the new "Autumn" look to your blog! :-) It almost makes me want to change the colors on mine too.

Jennifer said...

Go to Goodwill. I bet you can rustle up Casey a pair of shorts there...and they're on sale!
How much weigh has he lost? I am behind on blog reading and didn't know he was dieting. I need to get back to eating properly...I am starting to gain again...eeks!

Jennifer said...

Oh, and WHERE can I get a free cat? I ran over the last two last week *wwwaaaaaaahhhhhhhh*!!! I didn't know they were up in the engine. The next cat will have to be an indoor cat. I would love a nice calico. I just don't want to pay for a cat....we have had free ones for so long!

teresa said...

Hey, there, I have a new charity auction up... here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7353831231

Or you can go look on my page :-)
www.hatamaran.blogspot.com

Thanks!!!!