Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Weekend In A Blur

This past weekend just flew by. Unfortunately, I didn't get to work on the weekend pitch project AT ALL!! Too much just came up and filled my plate. On Saturday afternoon, Casey and I watched a couple of movies that we needed to get back to the rental place. Later that evening, we went over to a friend's house just to hang out and visit. It was after midnight, when we got home. Casey had shelter duty on Sunday morning. I slept in, unfortunately, and got a late start. A friend of ours came over for a visit on Sunday afternoon. Afterwards, it was time to quickly get ready and head out to a Super Bowl party. Casey and I weren't really THAT into the game, but we did enjoy our visit quite a bit. Yesterday was the NEVERENDING errand day. For some reason, I just ended up with EVERYTHING to do yesterday. Before 9:30 a.m. I had: showered and dressed, cleaned the car out, took 3 of the dogs to the groomer's, renewed Casey's car tags, paid the electric bill (hi! to my new friend, who is a "Zoo" reader, that I met while doing that chore), took a load of trash to the dump, went to Wal-Mart and got my shopping done, and had breakfast. I then went back home and got a couple loads of laundry done. Then I took my Mom out to lunch and dropped off my beautiful pet painting at the framer's. I came home and got my 501st costume starched and ironed and packed up. The afternoon's job was getting the brakes on the car fixed. When that was finished, Casey was home and off we went to pick the dogs up from the groomer's! They all looked so cute with their Valentine's bandanna's. I'm tired just remembering it all. WHEW!! It was SO cold. By last night, I really had chilled to the bone. Luckily, today has been a tad warmer.

Tonight Casey and I are trooping at a Star Wars author book signing at Davis-Kidd Booksellers. The author is Timothy Zahn and his new book is called Allegience. We are there with the Southern Outpost to pose for pictures with the fans and make the atmosphere all Star War-zy. Casey and I are planning to get a book signed for ourselves too! It's going to be a late night tonight. I hope to have some good pictures to share with everyone tomorrow.

No comments: