Thursday, February 22, 2007

Off to the Vet We Go

The past couple of days, I've noticed how our new cat, Pinky Lee, didn't look like she was feeling that well. I had also noticed how she had stopped eating ANYTHING. Casey and I tried wooing her appetite with everything: milk, canned food, shredded chicken, etc. Nothing worked. I've been watching her pretty closely, and I discovered that she was drinking LOTS of water. So last night, I actually caught her using the litterbox. After she exited, I went to investigate. I needed to get a clue somewhere. Well, it was as I had expected. Bloody urine, which indicates urinary tract infection in cats. These infections can be some serious stuff in cats, and in some cases even cause death. So, I knew I had to hop into motion. I called the vet and made an appointment. Because today is a short day at the vet's office, she can't go today. So, the vet is going to give her some antibiotics to take in the meantime to keep her from going downhill. Hopefully, we'll have her as right as rain soon. I've had these types of infections myself, and it's not fun. I know that she's not feeling well at all, so hopefully the meds will work quickly. I need her to get her appetite back and eat something soon! Everyone keep your fingers crossed..... Pennie, any suggestions of stuff I can do in the meantime???

1 comment:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Awww hope your kitty is feeling better ASAP