Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Working Towards the Goal

I apologize for the lack of a weekend update. I've been really busy the last week or so organizing Celebration Pet Day. Through the dog show that I judged a couple of weeks ago, I made some great contacts. I've been busy touching base with these folks to get an agility fun competition arranged and some volunteers. I spent most of the last weekend preparing vendor packets for booths at the event. I've so far sent out information packets to 21 potential vendors. I sure hope that we have some luck with response. Last year, our first year, I was overwhelmed at the incredible response that I received. In fact, our arena was too small to accomodate everyone. I just hope that I'm that lucky again this year.

I've also been busy trying to create a new graphic to represent our event. We'd love to use this graphic on our correspondence for Celebration Pet Day, as well as sell some t-shirts at the event. My problem? I have no graphic arts capability at all. I was never meant to design anything. So, I'm asking you all, my readers, for some backup. If anyone knows anything about graphic design, and would love to help out the Shelbyville-Bedford County Humane Association, I'd REALLY appreciate it. We'd just love it to say Celebration Pet Day, have SBCHA somewhere on it, and a cool logo. Even if you just have ideas about a design, I'd love to hear it. Feel free to comment away. I'd be pleased as punch to have some designs in my e-mail box too!! I'll give artist credit right on every t-shirt we sell. Please keep in mind, that 100% of the revenue from t-shirt sales go directly to the shelter for building upkeep and animal care.

There's another community dog show scheduled for August the 27th. We are gathering a group together to go out and hand out flyers about our show. This particular show had over five hundred entries last year. If we get permission to pass out flyers, that's a lot of free advertisement. My partner, Elaine, and I are busy getting food donation confirmations. It seems in these last couple of months of preparation, I miss my mind the most. If anyone has suggestions, program suggestions, or promotional ideas, please shoot me a comment. I'm so deep in it, it is always good to hear from another perspective. I'm thinking about starting a separate blog for the progress of this event and it's planning stages. I'll let you all know, if I decide to do that.

1 comment:

theogeo said...

Hey Cheryl, I'll try to whip a design up for ya, but I'm also going to post this on my blog to help get the word out! Hopefully someone can come up with something cool for you.