Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Past Few Days

The past few days have been both sublime and hectic at the same time. I had a really nice little break. I feel physically and mentally recharged.

Over the long weekend, I managed to finally get my 501st Legion costume underway. Hopefully, I'll be an offical member by the end of this month. There's still a couple more that I'd really like to get done for the Rebel Legion, but those may have to wait until next month.

Casey and I had a lot of fun together planning for our trip to DragonCon at the end of this month. We are looking forward to a little away time and being with friends. While there, we'll also get to debut our new costumes. It'll be interesting, that's for sure.

I got a lot of extra housework done over the weekend. Yesterday, I got Bear to the vet for his annual exam. He got a good report, even though he has a little ear infection. Afterwards, he got to go to PetSmart and run around sticking his nose in all of the treats. He's feeling kind of puny today, because of the vaccinations. A little extra love and treats for him tonight. Last night, we had some friends over for dinner and some gaming. I had to run out for a little bit to conduct a Celebration Pet Day meeting, but I didn't miss too much of the fun. It was nice to kick back and visit with friends. There was one downer to the weekend. Casey's youngest cousin, Eli was in a nasty car accident over the weekend. He is is now is intesive care. The worst is over and the prognosis is good, but it still made for a very stressful weekend. Everyone say a little prayer that Eli's recovery is as quick as predicted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your love for animals. We just got a new kitten last week. He is precious. He is blind in one eye :( but doing good.